Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Of Bombs And Basketball

Wow. I feel like the porcelain in the post below. Sick and getting sicker. Damn.

Advisory meeting went well. Early on someone mentioned "sanitary items" in the womens bathroom. They wanted to know who handled them. As soon as I heard "sanitary items," I plugged my ears, and started "LaLaLaLaLaLa-ing." Why did they need to know who restocked them? No reason. None. Why the hell bring it up? I don't know, but it was a great way to get started.

My turn. I listed off about five suggestions, then grinned and told them about "el caca kablooie." I couldn't find a decent way to start, so I just told them that someone was blowing some major mud in the men's room. *Puzzled looks all around.* I went into the same description as below. I did get to use the word prolapse, and at that, the plant manager (a farmer) had such a look of disgust on his face, that I lost it. Hell, they all were disgusted with me! Loved it. He says, "This from the guy who gets queasy hearing about sanitary items." That got everyone laughing. The guy doesn't have much of a sense of humor, but he was in fine form today. Cool.

This evening, played some basketball for the company. Our team isn't the best, but we (they) can play some pretty good ball. We won by about 20 points. Felt damn good. I played for about half the game. I had 2 steals, 6 or 7 rebounds, and shot an outstanding 0-5 from the field.

You ask, "You play ball? Why wait until now to tell us?"

Because I don't. I take up space under the basket on defense, and pick people on offense. That's all. Our strategy for playing me is this: run me back and forth until I'm gasping for breath, then leave me in to weaken the other team by inhaling all the air surrounding the court. Simple. If I can't breathe, they can't breathe, and my team (who are used to the large fish floundering on the court) dominates. Worked to perfection tonight!

Was a stupid move on my part. I've been sick all week, and the game set off constant coughing fits. I hurt all over now. Dumb. Just dumb.